AQMetrics is looking for an experienced Database Architect to work with our senior management team in supporting our customers with their global regulatory reporting and risk monitoring obligations.
We are a team who draw on their regulatory and compliance knowledge and experience to help our customers realise the benefits of the innovative AQMetrics RegTech platform.
As a Data Architect, you’ll be working on challenging data problems, creating new and robust data architectures, and supporting new feature development that is highly scalable, maintainable, secure, reportable, sustainable, reliable, and fits in our continuous integration/deployment infrastructure.
We need you, come work with AQMetrics. We’ve got big plans.
- Establish and manage the relationship with our client’s technical contacts
- Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures
- Develop and communicate new technology standards and best practices as appropriate
- Solve complex database software/hardware issues
- Develop and evaluate database infrastructure performance criteria and measurement methods
- Study and analyze the capacity needs for database infrastructure including CPU, RAM, and storage
- Conduct database architecture design, feasibility, and cost studies
- Automate life-cycle management of database schemas and much more
- Adhere to PCI/SOC and other security requirements in accordance with standards, policies and procedures
- Contribute as part of a team of software engineers building the next generation software solutions
- Design, build and manage databases for our high performance infrastructure.
Key Skills Required
- Ability to independently analyze and solve complex technical problems.
- Must be able to assess, research, and propose solutions to technical problems without support.
- Ability to assimilate and apply new technologies through independent research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must, with a demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of people to explain technical situations and present information
- B.S in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Data Science or Data Analytics, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in data modeling and architecture principles
- Minimum of two years securities industry knowledge and working knowledge of Postgres and the FIX (Financial Information Exchange) protocol required
- 7+ years’ experience with a relational database such as Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Strong understanding of Architecture design process, methodology, and high level of understanding of business environment, strategy and needs
- High-level understanding of the theories, methodologies and principles underlying technical analysis, design and implementation of software applications, systems, and/or databases
- Proven expert analytical and design skills at multi-product/multi-environment levels as well as an in-depth experience in research and analysis, project planning and implementation
- Experience as a Database Administrator
- Familiarity with programmatic access to the database (e.g. APIs)
- Experience scaling the capacity of a database using techniques like caching or sharding
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth knowledge of the entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
AQMetrics has sound financial backing and an excellent, experienced leadership team. You will be part of a wider global ambitious team, driven by a passion surrounding everything that they do. If you still have the drive to elevate your career and grasp this opportunity, then we want to hear from you, send your CV to email@example.com.