Database Developer - Maynooth
Apply for position
We are looking for someone with deep database technology experience. You must be flexible and motivated to work in a scaling SaaS company. We want you to use your extensive knowledge of database design and SQL to continuously improve the AQMetrics SaaS platform. As the industry changes quickly, you must be comfortable rapidly responding to change, picking up new database concepts and technologies quickly and adapting to changing requirements particularly with regards to APIs and data ingestion. We value quality code delivery and expect candidates to demonstrate extensive experience in database design and development. You will delight our financial services customers, by making the best-automated data management and data analytics available to meet their risk management needs. You will collaborate closely with our CTO, customer success and quality teams to define, build, test and deploy new data entities, attributes and data analytics in accordance with the AQMetrics product roadmap.
- You’ll contribute to ETL and database design and programme extensively in SQL.
- You’ll support application/database development throughout the software lifecycle from requirements analysis and design through to implementation and maintenance.
- You’ll use a wide range of industry-standard tools such a Git, BitBucket, AWS tools, and Jira to manage your code through its development lifecycle.
- You’ll learn about new data-related technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems.
- You’ll support production activities particularly data ingestion.
- You’ll help our skilled customer success team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
- You’ll mentor other engineers and perform SQL reviews.
- 4+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience in RDBMS concepts and SQL.
- Proficient Github, Bitbucket and Jira user.
- Adept at Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Ability to interpret and troubleshoot applications using logs.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communicator, keen to collaborate and share knowledge.
- A high level of attention to detail with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Experience investigating and improving Database end performance.
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve.
- Relevant 3rd level Computer Science qualification.