Java/Data Engineer - Maynooth
Apply for position
We are looking to add an experienced back-end Java developer with deep data analysis experience to our engineering team. We would like you to bring extensive knowledge of Java, SQL and data handling to continuously improve the AQMetrics SaaS platform. The Fintech industry changes rapidly and so does our SaaS product. Our developers are comfortable quickly responding to change and adopting new technologies. At AQMetrics we value the delivery of high-quality code and expect candidates to demonstrate extensive experience in both Java and SQL design and development. You will collaborate closely with our CTO, customer success and quality assurance teams to define, build, test and deploy new software in accordance with the AQMetrics product roadmap. You can help us deliver delight to our financial services customers by making the best software platform available to meet their risk management needs.
- You’ll contribute to OO design and program in Java and Spring Boot in a Microservice focused environment.
- You’ll design and develop database entities and attributes.
- You’ll write SQL to analyse the data in AQMetrics database and suggest improvements to the database, SQL and data handling processes.
- You’ll use a wide range of industry-standard tools such a Git, BitBucket, AWS tools, and Jira to manage your code through its development lifecycle.
- You’ll learn about new Java-based technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems.
- You’ll help our skilled customer success team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
- You’ll mentor other engineers and perform code reviews.
- 4+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience programming in Spring Boot, with Microservice/message broker experience a plus.
- Good understanding of Java Design Patterns and OO Design. Must be proficient in the Java language and core libraries.
- Proficiency in RDBMS concepts and SQL. Database design sensibilities are beneficial.
- High proficiency in development practices: unit testing, continuous integration, refactoring, clean code and deployment procedures.
- Proficient Github, Bitbucket and Jira user.
- Adept at Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Ability to interpret and troubleshoot applications using logs.
- A high level of attention to detail with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communicator, keen to collaborate and share knowledge with a desire to continually improve.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Experience investigating and improving back end performance.
- Relevant 3rd level Computer Science qualification.