- The aqmetrics.com website and www.myaqmetrics.com (the “Website”) is operated by AQ Metrics Limited, H5 Maynooth Business, Maynooth, Co Kildare, W23 C6D6, Ireland (“we”, “us” or “AQMetrics”). We respect your right to privacy. Any information provided by you to us will be treated lawfully in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “Acts”) and/or such amending legislation or other applicable data protection legislation as may be adopted in Ireland from time to time. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to outline our policies and practices regarding the processing, collection, use and disclosure of any information you submit to us through the Website. You are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement by using the Website. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of this Privacy Statement, your only remedy is to discontinue use of the Website.
- The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices relating to the Website. In order to fully understand your rights, we encourage you to read this Privacy Statement. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of any other websites. This Privacy Statement applies only with respect to the information collected on the Website and not any information collected or obtained through other methods or sources.
- We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. Your continued use of any portion of the Website following notification or posting of such changes will constitute your acceptance of those changes. Each time you use the Website, you will be bound by the then current Privacy Statement and you should review this each time you use the Website to satisfy yourself that you are happy with it.
- For the purpose of the Acts, the data controller is AQMetrics with its registered office at H5 Maynooth Business, Maynooth, Co Kildare, W23 C6D6, Ireland.
Types of Information Collected
- We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide to us when requesting a demonstration of the AQMetrics product or requesting subscription to AQMetrics mailing list, such as your first name, last name, company name, e-mail address and telephone number;
- information that you may provide by using the Website or availing of our services on the Website;
- if you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis about your visits to the Website; and
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, IP address, logical address of the server you are using, communication data, the resources and linked sites that you access, the top level domain name from which you access the Internet (for example, .ie, .com, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our Website and the internet address linking to our Website.
Purposes for which we hold your Information
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to notify you after registration of your account details;
- to provide you access to the Website and to allow you to use the Website;
- to respond to any queries you submit to us from time to time;
- to send you information on the latest news, information and general direct marketing which we feel may be of interest to you;
- to inform you about any changes to the Website;
- to help us improve, administer and diagnose problems with the Website;
- to help us understand which parts of the Website are most popular and user behaviour and characteristics to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Website; and
- to process any requests we receive from you.
- We will always give you the opportunity to unsubscribe in the future from any e-mails we may occasionally send. This option will be provided in the e-mail you receive or can be done by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We use any non-personally identifiable data gathered from visitors to the Website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise the Website.
- We do not, without your consent, disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties, but we may provide anonymised statistical data to them for research and survey purposes.
- The statistical and analytical information provides general and not individually specific information about the number of people who visit the Website, the number of people who return to the Website, the pages that they visit, where they were before they came to this Website and the page(s) in the Website at which they exited.
Where we store your personal data
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or username which enables you to access the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password or username confidential. We ask you not to share this information with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We have security in place such as firewalls, backup and other appropriate technical security measures.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
- We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required for regulatory purposes. Examples of such regulatory purposes include submission of regulatory reports to competent authorities. In such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements. You may not use the Website if you do not want us to use or disclose personally identifiable information collected about you in the manner identified in this Privacy Statement.
- We will disclose your personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order: (a) to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order or other statutory or legal requirement; (b) to enforce this Privacy Statement or to protect our rights, property or safety of AQMetrics and our partnering firms; or (c) to protect the safety of users of the Website, or others.
- We may disclose your personal information to approved contractors or sub-contractors working on our behalf.
- We may provide non-personally identifiable data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of the Website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit the Website, the demographic breakdown of our users of the Website, or the activities that visitors to the Website engage in while on the Website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include, for example, potential or actual consultants, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners and other similar parties.
Your personally identifiable information is held on secure servers hosted by our Internet service provider. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you transfer the data at your own risk. However, we take your online security very seriously and we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate industry and technical protocols and standards) to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, loss, misuse, alteration or disclosure. We endeavour to use appropriate security measures.
The Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties for your convenience and information only. We accept no liability in connection with any third party website accessed via a link from the Website, or any contract entered into or through a third party website. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
The AQMetrics Website utilises “cookies”. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer for record-keeping purposes. A cookie does not identify you personally or contain any other information about you but it does identify your computer.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie so that you will have an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. However, you should note that refusing cookies may have a negative impact on the functionality and usability of the Website.
AQMetrics does not respond to or honour “Do Not Track” requests at this time.
You have the right to request a copy of the information held by us about you. You also have the right to access your data, have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you, the right to object to the use of your data and the right to block any specific uses of your data, by means of a request in writing to the email@example.com.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement on occasion, in whole or part, at our sole discretion. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Privacy Statement on the Website. The changes will be posted on the Website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Privacy Statement, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by e-mail, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner. Continued use of the Website following notice of any such changes shall indicate your acceptance of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, as it may be amended from time to time, in whole or part, you must cease use of the Website.
If you have questions or concerns about our Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Privacy Statement and all issues regarding this Website are governed by Irish law and are subject to the Irish courts.